REVISING.

 

WRITING TIPS:

3) REVISING.

This is the process of evaluating, reworking, refining and improving your draft, by adopting a standard checklist for revision.

Tips for revising/Checklist for Revision:

Questions to consider:

I) TOPIC AND PURPOSE:
• Does my writing has a specific purpose?

• Is my topic expounded and explained clearly?

• Does my writing achieves it’s purpose?

II) TARGET AUDIENCE:
• Is my writing appropriate for my target audience?

• Will my target audience find it interesting?

III) WORD CHOICE, VOICE:
• Is my choice of words appropriately formal or informal?

• Have avoided vague, undefined terms?

• Have avoided clichés?

IV) CONTENT:
• Have I developed my topic completely?

• Have I avoided including unnecessary and unrelated ideas?

• Have I given sufficient relevant examples and details, that support my topic?

• Are my sources of information accurate, unbiased, up to date and authoritative?

V) FORM:
• Does my writing has an introduction, a body and conclusion?

• Have I used transitions or connecting words, to make the organization clear?

• Have I followed a logical method of organization?

#Christianreadersandwriters
#Writingtips

Comments

Popular Posts