THE CALL OF DESTINY.

 THE CALL OF DESTINY!


On my watch,

when silence reigns supreme 

as it hypnotizes all men and

serves them sweet spinach inducing deep sleep


I perceived a movement; a little to the left, a little to the right,

of what form, I cannot fathom

then it became still


There I stood, at the valley of decisions, 

drew my sword, as a skilled soldier, 

whose heart has been split by the strange scenery


Like a sneeze, my candle light was switched off by a swift wind

 Then sparks this glorious glow, so brilliant, 

that the night was obscured in it's rays


At first, I presumed all were mere fabrications of my imaginative tool, 

then roared the voice: 

"Come Forth", emanating from the Great Light


I stood motionless,

greatly electrified and nearly dissolved

attempted to draw back but was interrupted by the voice again:

 "Remember Lot's wife and do not lose your reward"


Staggering, I took a step 

looked right and left as the Chameleon

then another step 

and eventually embraced the Light


The feeling, I cannot communicate

it held me so passionately

as a mother would

to her newly first born


And whispered lovingly to me:

"Strip yourself of every load

and burden, then follow me

cos we gonna be traveling light,

in answering the Call of Destiny".


© Gabriel Udensi 

Comments

Popular Posts